PPHS Now

PPHS Now

GREEN THUMB 2.0

Students learn how to grow vegetables using Hydroponic tower.
Madeline Soriano

Article:Every morning, from Monday to Friday, Coach Haley teaches in an engaging and informative class called “ Green Thumb, 2.0”. This unique class focuses on the practical aspect of vegetables and marketing, Coach Haley ensures that students not only gain knowledge, but also master the essential skill required for successful vegetable farming. 

Coach Haley teaches 100% hands-on to create an immersive dynamic learning environment. This makes it very easy and enjoyable  to learn more about growing vegetables, and to also learn the art of effectively marketing the produce. This comprehensive approach ensures that individuals not only cultivate the green thumbs, but also develop the entrepreneurial spirit needed to thrive in a competitive market.

Student use indoor planters to grow food. (Madeline Soriano)

Through this class students can embark on a journey of discovery and empowerment. They learn the joy of reconnecting with nature, the satisfaction of nurturing green life, and witnessing the literal fruit of their labor.  They will conquer the skill to effectively market their produce, enabling them to create a sustainable profitable business venture. Participants develop a comprehensive understanding of vegetable farming, and the art of marketing, equipping them with tools required to excel in this ever evolving industry.

“Green Thumb 2.0” strives to nurture a new generation of individuals who not only possess the ability to  grow vegetables, but also possess the expertise to market them effectively. This class blends practically, creativity, and business acumen to create a transformative learning experience. Join Coach Haley

in this remarkable journey, where the classroom becomes a fertile ground for cultivating both plant and entrepreneur skills.

Donate to PPHS Now

Your donation will support the student journalists of Purdue Polytechnic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to PPHS Now