PPHS Now

PPHS Now

News
Architecture and Cardboard Furniture class at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Disasters of 2023
Zavion Jones, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Purdue Polytechnic High School 2D Arts Passion Project
December 14, 2023
News
Gas leak at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 13, 2023
Feminine supplies in the school female bathroom are needed
Opinion
De’Asia Williams, Journalist • December 12, 2023
Podcasts

Student’s opinions on classes at PPHS

I asked a handful of students questions about their thoughts on the classes that they have a PPHS.  Some students said that they think the classes are fine. One person said that they come to school to do the work and go home. But the majority of the students I interviewed said they would like more classes with activities and group work. Some of the students  I interviewed said they would want to have more activities in the classes, reasoning that it would make befriending other kids they have class with easier. However, some don’t really care whether or not the classes have an activity, and would rather get their work done on their own. Personally, I  want activities and group work because I do not like to just work on the computer. I feel like I learn better when there is an activity or I’m in a group. But I know that not every person is the same. Some people learn better on their own. Other people learn better when there’s an activity of some kind. So it just depends on the individual student, because not every student learns the same way. So I would say that there are no right or wrong opinions about our classes. If I was a teacher I would take a vote in my class to see how everyone likes learning, and which way is easier for them.

Donate to PPHS Now

Your donation will support the student journalists of Purdue Polytechnic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Jason Jackson, Journalist
Jason Jackson is a junior student at PPHS who goes to class and gets his work done. He was on the football team until he had personal issues to deal with, so he hasn’t played this year. However, he is always motivated by his mom to prove to people that he can finish high school.  Jason likes football a lot, and though he didn't play this year, he is trying to work and keep his grades high. Despite finding school difficult, he is determined to finish and do as best as he can. 
Donate to PPHS Now