PPHS Now

PPHS Now

Purdue Polytechnic High School 2D Arts Passion Project

Purdue Polytechnic High School’s passion project, “2D mixed arts” is a class where students explore many types of art and learn new artistic techniques. This is one of the current cycle 2 passion projects. Coach Hurd leads the class in room 201 during the first class of the day.

The students in this class work on art projects exploring drawing, painting, digital art, oil pastels, charcoal, and more! Students’ artwork is displayed around PPHS for others to see. The 2D art class is good for any student to try out a variety of creative projects. The class has projects for all skill levels so any student interested in art should consider joining. 

According to Sabine Fee, a sophomore at PPHS, “We work on projects like jack-o-lanterns, wood boards, Tim Burton drawings and painting.” The students in this class have a lot of fun learning about art and working on new projects. “I like the class because of the laid-back vibe and the art.”

Students in this project learn to use their creativity to create art for others to enjoy. The class is a fun, relaxed opportunity for students to express themselves through art and work on creative skills. Coach Hurd, the leader of the project says, “Students explore a variety of 2D art mediums and techniques, changing with each new challenge. If relaxing to lofi-fi music and a blank sheet of paper or canvas sounds nice to you, then join this passion project class.”

The 2D mixed art class is a fun, relaxed, and engaging class available at PPHS. If you are interested in drawing, creativity, or art, you will enjoy this passion project. PPHS would love for you to consider joining this passion project in the future!

Donate to PPHS Now

Your donation will support the student journalists of Purdue Polytechnic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to PPHS Now