PPHS Now

PPHS Now

News
Architecture and Cardboard Furniture class at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Disasters of 2023
Zavion Jones, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Purdue Polytechnic High School 2D Arts Passion Project
December 14, 2023
News
Gas leak at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 13, 2023
Feminine supplies in the school female bathroom are needed
Opinion
De’Asia Williams, Journalist • December 12, 2023
Podcasts

Character creation in new tabletop game Pokemon Trainers United

Pokemon Trainers United is a tabletop RPG made by Rizon IRC. The source material is free to download from their website and in this article, we will be discussing character creation and how different people go about it.

In Pokemon Trainers United there are multiple mechanics used for the capture and usage of Pokemon. To capture a Pokemon, roll a 100-sided die and subtract the level of your trainer and the modifier of your Poke ball. The modifiers for the Poke balls are as follows basic 0, great 10, ultra 15. There are more but only these can be bought at all stores in the game. All Pokemon have stat sheets that you have to look at for their abilities and moves that are also on their website.

Concerning character creation, we have found there are 3 ways people usually go about it. Some will go with something they are familiar with such as a person choosing the musician class because they can play an instrument in real life, while others go for something completely foreign to their real-life personality such as an athlete choosing a researcher or a fighter playing a pacifist. There are also skills that can come into play such as intuition which is needed for the chef class or focus which is needed for the Dualist class.

The list of popular classes and skills needed for them are as follows: Class Ace Trainer Skills command, Class Mentor Skills Charm Pokemon education, Class Duelist Skills Focus, Class Rider Skills Acrobatics Athletics, Class Stat ace Skills Command Focus, Class Type Ace Skills Varies by Type, Class Chef Skills Intuition, Class Researcher Skills Education skills Survival. 

According to online gamer Sinclar, “The first thing I do is think of what role I want my character to be in the party. I’ve played timid characters and antiheroes so I felt a change of pace with a more rude character could create an interesting party dynamic.” Another online gamer, Phillip, said “The first thing I think of is what story I want to tell and what references I can use in relation to my game character.”

Donate to PPHS Now

Your donation will support the student journalists of Purdue Polytechnic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Christopher Anderson
Christopher Anderson, Journalist
Christopher Anderson is a journalist for PPHS Now in the class of 2025. Christopher puts most of his effort into his favorite pastime: Playing video games. Otherwise, he spends his time writing short stories and trying tea. His post-high school goal is to become a CTO (Chief Technology Officer). Finally, he has a strong disdain for people that are intentionally inconsiderate of others.
Donate to PPHS Now