PPHS Now

PPHS Now

News
Architecture and Cardboard Furniture class at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Disasters of 2023
Zavion Jones, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Purdue Polytechnic High School 2D Arts Passion Project
December 14, 2023
News
Gas leak at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 13, 2023
Feminine supplies in the school female bathroom are needed
Opinion
De’Asia Williams, Journalist • December 12, 2023
Podcasts

Here at PPHS, we do not have any feminine supplies in the bathroom and instead must go to the nurse. When the nurse is out, we need to ask Pactor. Pactor is also a male adult, and sometimes teenagers can be a little uncomfortable with asking men for feminine supplies. Furthermore, people sometimes start their cycle during the day, so sometimes they won’t notice the problem until they are in the bathroom. Because there are no pads or tampons in the bathroom, students then need to get up and go to the nurse for one. It’s especially uncomfortable when a student has bled through their pants and doesn’t want to risk making more of a mess by going to the nurse. If there were already feminine supplies in the bathroom, no one would have to go all the way to the nurse’s office to get a pad. Feminine Supplies such as pads, tampons, and wipes in the bathroom would help a lot of students, and help them feel more at ease in an uncomfortable situation.

View Comments (1)
Donate to PPHS Now

Your donation will support the student journalists of Purdue Polytechnic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
De’Asia Williams, Journalist
De’Asia is a junior at PPHS, class of 2025. She is a cheerleader at PPHS, bringing spirit to her community.  Besides that, De’Asia wants to go to Medical School after graduating in 2025, as she has a passion for being a nurse.
Donate to PPHS Now

Comments (1)

Comments are Closed.
All PPHS Now Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
  • P

ParisDec 12, 2023 at 3:25 pm

I would love it if the school bathrooms had feminine hygiene products. Not all the time I, and some of my friends, carry hygiene products on us and have to suffer through the day with makeshift pads that aren’t effective.