PPHS Now

PPHS Now

News
Architecture and Cardboard Furniture class at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Disasters of 2023
Zavion Jones, Journalist • December 15, 2023
News
Purdue Polytechnic High School 2D Arts Passion Project
December 14, 2023
News
Gas leak at Purdue Polytechnic High School
Sayla McClure, Journalist • December 13, 2023
Feminine supplies in the school female bathroom are needed
Opinion
De’Asia Williams, Journalist • December 12, 2023
Podcasts

Students exclaim large amounts of disdain regarding the staircase problems

Lee Myers
The single staircase at PPHS

Here at Purdue Polytechnic High School, we have gotten many concerns and solutions about issues with excess traffic on the stairs. When you think of 2 flights of stairs connecting a school’s first, second, and third floors, there would be no such thing as clutter correct? Stairs have a large impact on the students’ day. If the stairs are too crowded, then students spend more time during the passing period shuffling up and down the steps and being unable to get to class on time. This can also create a lot of irritation, with student JaNea Bohannon saying, “The stairs have made me almost aggressive to other students when there is too much traffic on the stairs.” She explained that due to the lack of space, people are always having to walk slowly. There is also an issue with groups of people crowding in front of the stairs, and blocking everyone’s way out.

When we view the stairs’ length and width compared to the number of students that attend PPHS, and consider that it is the only staircase available, it’s not hard to see where she comes from. There is a lack of lack of space, with too many students on one staircase trying to get to specific parts of the building, and many people trying to run, shove, and push their way through. Many students agree that with the amount of kids going up and down the stairs every hour and thirty minutes, there should be another staircase to give more space for students to get where they need to be. 

Donate to PPHS Now

Your donation will support the student journalists of Purdue Polytechnic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributors
Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor, Journalist
Anthony Taylor is an exceptional academic wizard junior at Purdue Polytechnic High School who is passionate about greeting anyone with a fist bump on random occasions. He takes great joy in computing and wishes to get involved in the computer side of the school. Behind the serious look, he has skills that would benefit him in college and after graduating. He’s also a game enthusiast and wants to run a little side gig for it while pursuing his professional outlook on computers. However, he doesn’t like silly activities; he despises fun unless it is his own “meaning.” There is no reason in particular, he exclaims, ‘it just clicked.”  He has a fully thought-out plan for how his future will go, combining his great skills, mental maturity, and thought process. His goal is to leave a small impact visibly, but a major impact behind the scenes
Lee Myers
Lee Myers, Journalist, Editor
Lee Myers (he/they) is a 17-year-old junior at Purdue Polytechnic High School. He is involved with the swim team and DnD club, and every once in a while, they design logos for the school. He is passionate about honesty, critical thinking, and empathy within journalism and is excited to get the chance to put these beliefs into action. Queer liberation, disability rights, and anti-fascism are all topics that Lee is in particular interested in delving into. Aside from journalism, Lee has interests in a diverse amount of career paths. Currently, they are planning on taking general studies in college while he narrows down his path. Whatever career path Lee decides to pursue, he is certain to approach it with passion, creativity, and his own little flare.   Outside of school, Lee has many hobbies and interests. A (nonexhaustive) list includes video games, film, illustration, needlework, baking, swimming, cats, the language of flowers, and the little trinket section in a thrift store.
Donate to PPHS Now