PPHS Now

PPHS Now

New Covid-19 Varient

New Covid-19 Varient

New Covid variant named Pirola is causing concern across the world and this new variant is expected to cause another lockdown health experts believe. There are many mutations of this variant and it is expected to evade existence immunity from vaccines and previous infections. 

When will Covid and its variants end, will it continue to get worse? Nurse bowling stated, “Covid is gonna be around for awhile, its just like the flu. Every humans bodies will change and adapt to it, so eventually it will be better.”

Going back to another lockdown also has mixed feeling from everyone. Some students liked doing online school but others didn’t because they found that it caused them to be lazy.  A student from Purdue stated, “ I would just go to sleep behind the camera, so I believe that going back to online school wouldn’t be a good idea.” Another student stated, “I liked doing online school, I liked working from home.” Nurse bowling believes that it is best for us to stay in school because online school caused too much academic dishonesty and going to a hybrid schedule would be better than a full switch to online.

These variants are showing no signs of stopping and everyone should be better prepared for another lockdown or something similar to that. Many believe that we will all be better prepared since we went through this just a couple of years ago.    

Donate to PPHS Now

Your donation will support the student journalists of Purdue Polytechnic High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Donate to PPHS Now